What we do
Global Helmet Vaccine Initiative
On 18 November 2009, the AIP Foundation announced the launch of the Global Helmet Vaccine Initiative (GHVI) in partnership with the FIA Foundation, and the World Bank Global Road Safety Facility. Since its launch, the Centers for Disease Control, and the Inter-American Development Bank have joined this global road safety consortium. This initiative introduces helmet-wearing programs, piloted in Vietnam, to other developing nations experiencing similar crises due to rapid modernization and motorization.
GHVI’s five-pronged approach includes the following programs:
- Helmet provision - through establishing national helmet assembly plants or importing suitable helmets
- Public awareness education - national mass media campaigns targeting at-risk road users
- School-based programs - road safety education and helmet use training for teachers and students
- Technical assistance, capacity building, and advocacy - working with government and non-government partners to ensure supportive road safety legislation, appropriate helmet standards, and adequate enforcement
- Research, monitoring & evaluation - nationwide and program - based assessments to create best practice strategies
To learn more about the Global Helmet Vaccine Initiative, please visit its website.
“In Retrospect,” a documentary created by the Asia Injury Prevention (AIP) Foundation about the need for children to wear helmets on motorcycles,...
Together, on Saturday, May 11, road safety stakeholders across Cambodia marked Global Road Safety Week by co-organizing a ‘Long Short Walk’...